Monday, January 18, 2010

Status update

I started work yesterday after a whirlwind 'holiday' which was not a holiday.
My moms second operation (to have a piece of the stomach removed because of a tumor, benign (halleluja) was successful and she's recovering well. The clips are coming out today so I trust God for a complete recovery.
My mother-in-law sadly passed away on 28 December 2009 after battling breast cancer. We still visited her on Christmas day and that was the last time we saw her. She will be missed for her grace and ready smile, even through three weeks of hectic radiation therapy.
My niece, 28 year old Major in the SA Army in Bloemfontein (slim and fit as a fiddle) passed away after suffering 2 massive heart attacks on 5 January 2010 (same day as my mother-in-laws funeral). The family and medical doctors are still dumbstruck as to what brought this heart condition on. She was married for only 1 year and her husband and parents are beyond sad ...
My hope for 2010 is that it can only get better, and the one word to describe my desire for 2010 is VICTORIOUS! Even as we battle LIFE that we shall be victorious in Him who strengthens us.
Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment