Thursday, October 14, 2010

Photography


So yes, I did it. I enrolled for a photography course. I am such a disaster with my Nikon and I was too frustrated to "sukkel" on my own. I'm still the lowest denominator in class, judging by our 1st assignment. I'm just NOT THERE YET! I should try harder ... maybe.

Here is Assignment 1 (instruction: only focus on getting the light meter in the centre) a photograph I took of Bianca (Tiffany's cousins) who had her matric ball last Friday. It gave me a good opportunity to take some pictures, but also not. It was rushed because she got home late from hair, make-up, nails, toes etc. so all the paparazzi had their cameras out, and you had to fight for a spot to get a shot in.

So here I am, unsure of the right settings, trying to make sense of light meter and shutter speed and apperture (which I ignored anyway because its still Greek to me). Oh, the PRESSURE!! The other pressure is, people think because I have the camera that I have, it should be takng nice photos. Little do they know it requires a GENIUS to take a simple shot (well thats how I feel and I don't place myself in the GENIUS category, I wish! faint ...).
Maybe if I pray and ask really nice ... my brain will open up and absord and be GREAT at taking photo's.
I need private lessons from either Ali Edwards, Wilna Furstenburg or Joleen Pienaar (three divas whose blogs I seriously ENJOY)! Maybe they will take pity on me, sitting here on my lonesone on the southern tip of AFRICA. For now, its Aluta Continua!! (the struggle continues).
Laters

No comments:

Post a Comment